..and half-finished costumes..rolling off to Nelly today. :D..poor girl.
She said to me last time we talked: "The more costumes, the better.". :) DONT, EVER, say that to me.^^..now this is what she got. ;D...
I have another bag full of stuff at home. ;) Ok, well she is clearly a high potential and bored at fashion college. and she LOVES to sew, so I shouldn't feel guilty. I pay for my private stuff, she does the arts stuff for free. Her main interest is in underwear and corsetry, I recently learned.
And to my luck, they have the "sustainability" year coming up this year. All she does for me is either recycled, organic cotton or what I bought really cheap from studio closures (= left over stuff that would have been binned otherwise).
I think I mentioned the 70 Euros spent on four bags of half-finished costumes and fabrics bought off a hat factory just about to close (in May). they themselves had bought stacks of fabric and bags full with costumes off Lambert Hofer, THE Viennese theatre tailor. Those costumes were badly kept and rotting away in a filthy, dusty room in the factory, as I discovered. It broke my heart to see them waste away, and I needed fabrics anyways- so I splashed out on that.
The finest silks, a lot of pleated stuff, some velvet, plastic and lace. After her upcoming internship for Lena Hoschek and my many costumes to come (everything from corsetry to organic suits to dresses to..) she will be used to working with virtually any kind of fabric and cut. :) So there is something in it for her, too. Plus..she won't have to worry about her portfolio when she leaves..^^..
She said to me last time we talked: "The more costumes, the better.". :) DONT, EVER, say that to me.^^..now this is what she got. ;D...
I have another bag full of stuff at home. ;) Ok, well she is clearly a high potential and bored at fashion college. and she LOVES to sew, so I shouldn't feel guilty. I pay for my private stuff, she does the arts stuff for free. Her main interest is in underwear and corsetry, I recently learned.
And to my luck, they have the "sustainability" year coming up this year. All she does for me is either recycled, organic cotton or what I bought really cheap from studio closures (= left over stuff that would have been binned otherwise).
I think I mentioned the 70 Euros spent on four bags of half-finished costumes and fabrics bought off a hat factory just about to close (in May). they themselves had bought stacks of fabric and bags full with costumes off Lambert Hofer, THE Viennese theatre tailor. Those costumes were badly kept and rotting away in a filthy, dusty room in the factory, as I discovered. It broke my heart to see them waste away, and I needed fabrics anyways- so I splashed out on that.
The finest silks, a lot of pleated stuff, some velvet, plastic and lace. After her upcoming internship for Lena Hoschek and my many costumes to come (everything from corsetry to organic suits to dresses to..) she will be used to working with virtually any kind of fabric and cut. :) So there is something in it for her, too. Plus..she won't have to worry about her portfolio when she leaves..^^..