The second, in-depth workshop at the Creative Region office yesterday was quite good. :)
I had a really bad day, and let it out on some. Funny enough, I linked up with a couple of (very nice and sensitive) people despite my foul mood (I realize my old networking skills slowly return to me). Unfortunately, my fine antennae are returning, too. And that wasn't fun. It is pretty shitty when you realize some people WERE there to look for ideas to copy- or thwart (without allowing a longer time for consideration).
Then there were two business people, one overly-botoxed lady, and one guy from 1000 times 1000 (an Austrian crowdsourcing platform; their CEO had given a talk the day before- and I hadn't liked HIM much..) that basically..well- no further comment. I did not like what I felt and saw.
It rarely happens, even in my burnout, that, amidst a longer conversation and me digging deeper into a person's inner layout..my alarm clocks go off big time. Jesus. Good thing I am no longer a "business person". Too many of those were fellow students at my old uni. I'd rather find an American investor from here- if necessary- than use that platform as a tool/means to raise money.
Anyways..I learned a lot. The workshop was good. One guy who is the crowdfunding specialist there (and owns a communication and media agency on the side) said to me: "you are already so far in your thinking..why do you even need those tools? (implying: why not start a business the classical way?)". Well.
I already hooked up with a business angel that wanted to foster my project at first, and then thought he could buy a girlfriend on the side. One stop shop, basically. Not with me. Thanks a lot. And, as for Austria..it should be clear by now that I have lived through everything negative in this country that is possible for a human being. From multiple, and repeated trauma to mobbing, and so on and on and on.
Apart from the fact that my ideas ARE visionary- at least the big picture, the Dachmarke- and Austria is backwards, slow and conservative, everything within me RESISTS the country, and the people. So a business in this country is out of question for me- unless we are talking a comparatively small venture, like the Alternate Lives one.
A country that has collectively repelled me for such a long time isn't one I am going to pour myself into. And I am an organic person. I like to melt with my environment. :) Human or infrastructural. It is part of my power. Said this- I popped into a very cool shop celebrating its first anniversary yesterday..they had two dogs fighting there for most of the evening (in a friendly way- they are sort of mum and daughter;), and some Punsch (spiced wine). LIKE! :))
I miss S.!, and it IS hard. It was my decision to separate, and I hope we're going to stay friends. I learned a lot from that episode in my life.
One more thing: my GP was the millionth person recently to tell me I should start to write on my autobio. :) A lot of people have told me this, and, right now, I am thinking this might be a good idea. So many crazy people..so many stories. For my comparatively short life, I think I have seen too much already. The good, the bad and the in-between.
I had a really bad day, and let it out on some. Funny enough, I linked up with a couple of (very nice and sensitive) people despite my foul mood (I realize my old networking skills slowly return to me). Unfortunately, my fine antennae are returning, too. And that wasn't fun. It is pretty shitty when you realize some people WERE there to look for ideas to copy- or thwart (without allowing a longer time for consideration).
Then there were two business people, one overly-botoxed lady, and one guy from 1000 times 1000 (an Austrian crowdsourcing platform; their CEO had given a talk the day before- and I hadn't liked HIM much..) that basically..well- no further comment. I did not like what I felt and saw.
It rarely happens, even in my burnout, that, amidst a longer conversation and me digging deeper into a person's inner layout..my alarm clocks go off big time. Jesus. Good thing I am no longer a "business person". Too many of those were fellow students at my old uni. I'd rather find an American investor from here- if necessary- than use that platform as a tool/means to raise money.
Anyways..I learned a lot. The workshop was good. One guy who is the crowdfunding specialist there (and owns a communication and media agency on the side) said to me: "you are already so far in your thinking..why do you even need those tools? (implying: why not start a business the classical way?)". Well.
I already hooked up with a business angel that wanted to foster my project at first, and then thought he could buy a girlfriend on the side. One stop shop, basically. Not with me. Thanks a lot. And, as for Austria..it should be clear by now that I have lived through everything negative in this country that is possible for a human being. From multiple, and repeated trauma to mobbing, and so on and on and on.
Apart from the fact that my ideas ARE visionary- at least the big picture, the Dachmarke- and Austria is backwards, slow and conservative, everything within me RESISTS the country, and the people. So a business in this country is out of question for me- unless we are talking a comparatively small venture, like the Alternate Lives one.
A country that has collectively repelled me for such a long time isn't one I am going to pour myself into. And I am an organic person. I like to melt with my environment. :) Human or infrastructural. It is part of my power. Said this- I popped into a very cool shop celebrating its first anniversary yesterday..they had two dogs fighting there for most of the evening (in a friendly way- they are sort of mum and daughter;), and some Punsch (spiced wine). LIKE! :))
I miss S.!, and it IS hard. It was my decision to separate, and I hope we're going to stay friends. I learned a lot from that episode in my life.
One more thing: my GP was the millionth person recently to tell me I should start to write on my autobio. :) A lot of people have told me this, and, right now, I am thinking this might be a good idea. So many crazy people..so many stories. For my comparatively short life, I think I have seen too much already. The good, the bad and the in-between.