Friday, 22 February 2013

Things I loathe..

..Austrians with really BAD English, and middle to upper class (or, generally just) British haughtiness. I love the language, but I cannot stand arrogance- no matter where it's coming from.

As if. As if everything in Europe would be either dumb or retarded backwards or decrepit. See past visitors.

I went to the International English Club today. Bad English (too many Austrians) prevailed.

Hey, I HAVE to admit mine isn't as brilliant these days as it used to be, but I felt something again today..I felt relaxed, I felt at home, I felt whole, and a bit excited as well..I felt my SELF again.

I had the strong urge to run home, dress in my costume, and get on stage (they have a little stage there..with an old piano on it..^^..wonderful!). To just do SOMETHING live. A.L.I.V.E. again.

Conversations were stressful for me. I got hit on by an old guy (he would have been cool to just talk to without the drooling)- and when I talked to the organizer, who actually IS English, and asked her how she knew what Anima means, she replied:" years of psychotherapy"..which was a bit scary, the way she said it. Well she's a Brit in Austria..guess she NEEDS therapy. Every sane person does after a while in the country, in my opinion.

There was a really cute, young couple there- who I really liked. But I got so tired after just an hour of being there, and left early. It's just way too early for me to go out and network again.Nevermind the pleasure of having English all around me, it just got pretty exhausting pretty fast.