Monday 13 December 2021

Project progression

 We ran into some major issues for the crowdfunding in December, to let everyone know.

For once, I would have had to lie and fraud my way into kickstarter- and wasn't prepared to do it. 

Estonian companies can't post their projects there (you can sit in one of half a dozen other European countries, and RECEIVE the money from an Estonian account though, if you read their T&C and according to support). Yet, there are a few dozen gaming companies raising good money from here. None of them, if you research, have any subsidiaries elsewhere.

What did they do differently? They lied. I spent a week solving the issue, and am now informed about different company models in different EU countries. I COULD found a subsidiary elsewhere, but we don't have the money, and I won't lie or fraud. Also, the more I dug, the more I realised how shady any side was- I even found successful Estonian projects with fake Facebook names and profiles. YEP. And support wasn't helpful. 

So.. this shook my world, and we had to look for another platform. It will now be on indiegogo (possibly start next as well), and we had to reshoot the campaign video (I had mentioned kickstarter throughout)- which taught me many lessons. 

Another development was internal. Let's say: I had an intern, who was critical to our project, very talented but also very difficult to handle in many ways. It is unsure as yet, but she might leave.

She acted out, I counter-acted after a few problems with her- and felt like I had to enforce my authority. She got scared. Now she might leave the company prematurely, which...

1. is a challenge because for now I can not replace her and it might set us back further, but

2. I felt she stifled the project as well, because the relationship was so difficult. So if she leaves, I won't go cry baby, and will have to find solutions. 


----> it was a rough couple of weeks. I am now taking the time out that I need for my health, to regain my inner balance, and, for god's sake: it is Christmas. I should have a nice one, for once.

Campaign will re-start in January. We postponed the dates for the Flashmob to Europe Day 2022- Europe Day 2023. One flashmob each 2 weeks- the team agreed this would be best for everyone.