Mitra, the journalist working for the Barbara Karlich Show, and me had this idea, following a book idea of mine that dates back 10 years (so I was being visionary yet again..) of a show about lifestyles that are very different from everyday ones. With me presenting in costumes adjusted to the sequel's topic. ;)
We wanted to call it "Alternate Lives"- and then I found this blog, dealing with alternative lifestyles.
Hm. Even though we envisage it to be a bit more extreme. :) ..even though the Austrian name would be "ALTERNATIVE Lives", as I thought one would have to rename it, and change "alternate" to "alternative"- as there is no "alternate" in the German language. I would have just preferred "alterNATE" because that stresses the meaning of "changing, in flux" a bit more, yet if read fast, it would appear as if it meant "alternative" for a non-English native. ;) We want to educate a bit here..showing that those lifestyles are EQUAL, if not, FREER, or at least AS DESIREABLE as everyday-life. I would be most suited for that format, because my spoken English is probably better than most German-speaking interviewer's I have heard so far.
Since the job center considers me to be inflexible, unsuited to collaborate, and opposing group and general therapy (sure, sure..) and bars my way towards serious art and self-employment, I have to do three things at a time once again. VERY unhealthy and stressful for me- and outright abusive and dumb on their side. But what the heck.
I am writing on that concept this and the next week- and suggested to present it to various TV channels- not just the ORF..which has problems that have to do with its innate structure and dropping viewer numbers. Though I guess the format would be better suited for a private channel- and possibly more lucrative for us there. :)
We wanted to call it "Alternate Lives"- and then I found this blog, dealing with alternative lifestyles.
Hm. Even though we envisage it to be a bit more extreme. :) ..even though the Austrian name would be "ALTERNATIVE Lives", as I thought one would have to rename it, and change "alternate" to "alternative"- as there is no "alternate" in the German language. I would have just preferred "alterNATE" because that stresses the meaning of "changing, in flux" a bit more, yet if read fast, it would appear as if it meant "alternative" for a non-English native. ;) We want to educate a bit here..showing that those lifestyles are EQUAL, if not, FREER, or at least AS DESIREABLE as everyday-life. I would be most suited for that format, because my spoken English is probably better than most German-speaking interviewer's I have heard so far.
Since the job center considers me to be inflexible, unsuited to collaborate, and opposing group and general therapy (sure, sure..) and bars my way towards serious art and self-employment, I have to do three things at a time once again. VERY unhealthy and stressful for me- and outright abusive and dumb on their side. But what the heck.
I am writing on that concept this and the next week- and suggested to present it to various TV channels- not just the ORF..which has problems that have to do with its innate structure and dropping viewer numbers. Though I guess the format would be better suited for a private channel- and possibly more lucrative for us there. :)