Monday, 12 November 2012

Uncertain.

I am not sure what to feel right now. Whether I made the right decision or not. After a sleepless night, and questioning everything in my life, I decided to call the pension fund, and asked for a different psychologist for the expertise.

I still think the doctor in question should retire A.S.A.P.- because she might have done a lot of evil throughout her career. I just cannot fight every fight presenting itself to me on my way. Not if I wanna leave this country at some point. And I feel tired, and old.

I am taking part in a burnout group therapy, and a trauma group therapy right now. One for my present, and one for my past. In any case, the existing document by the BDZ, in which this..person "suspects me to have a mental illness" (and that after only five minutes?- you're either god, or mad yourself), which is no real expertise, will be opposed by my lawyer. As for the other, more valid, expertise upcoming..I was told the lady there is competent. And knows what she is doing. Also, I am recording and a friend (she is a psychotherapist in training) will be accompanying me.

The major problem for me was not opposing that one person, but telling her about my past experiences (last two years, and old traumas) that are more than relevant for a solid expertise. I finally reached the doctor from 2008, who treated me after that one heavy mobbing at the post (and for tinnitus, and the breakdown I had after that). There will be a lot of doctor's statements, and proof for exhaustion, psychosomatic and stress-related illnesses, and so on. Enough for anyone with a brain to understand that, YES, it is a REAL Burnout. The fact that much in my life, inclusive me, isn't very stable, is understood in the status quo. :)

But one thing I WONT have is any attempt to pathologize my art. And that is what she tried to do. The burnout is relatively young- my art stems back from 1999 (or, at least, the original idea). It takes a lot of strength, patience and stamina (and some additional skills that take to acquire) to put that idea into practise.

So I apologize to everybody who has been misdiagnosed and further destabilised, traumatised and marginalized by this woman (PB)- but my opposing her stops right here. I have to take care of myself- and find another, good counselor who fights for me finally having my burnout cure, and the AMS suspending their pressure on me to find a job until I am fully healthy again. 

My best wishes go out to everyone who visits the BDZ in Linz. I hope they'll hire better staff at some point, who know what they are doing. Or, at least, don't act as if they know a stranger rushing into their practise by heart- after only five minutes.